Thursday, November 01, 2007

Big Ten Bloggers Roundtable week 10

Big Ten Bloggers Roundtable time and this week Nick has the answers. This week's questions come from OSU blog Buckeye Lane. Enjoy.

1) With the Big Ten season about to be wrapped up, it is a little easier to predict what Bowl games are possible for your school. Tell me what Bowl games would interest you as a fan. Where do you want to go? More importantly, who do you want to play?

Obviously the BCS Championship and the Rose Bowl are the 2 games you aim for in the Big Ten. Realistically it'll end up probably being the Outback Bowl against an SEC squad. I think if I had to choose, I'd like to face an SEC squad, they have passionate fan bases, "southern speed" and pretty ladies.

2) In honor of Black Shoe Diaries' question about the Big Ten Moron Coach of the Year Award. Tell me who is the most disappointing player in the Big Ten this season. Also, tell me who is the most disappointing on your team.

Most disappointing player in the Big Ten is on Penn State. Without a doubt, it has to be Justin King. This guy was the shutdown corner that teams dream about last year and has become totally unfocused and sloppy. Maybe it was the offseason drama, maybe he's already dreaming of the NFL, maybe he just lost the desire to be the best. Whatever it is, he ain't the same guy this year and the season is slipping away quickly to prove otherwise.

3) Ohio State is rumored to be building a giant buckeye nut outside the football stadium. This will lead to the new tradition of "rubbing the nut." I'm sure Michigan fans will use that against us. I know it is pretty late to start new traditions in the Big Ten, but pitch me a new tradition idea for your school.

This week? The tradition I'd like to start is punching idiot fans in the face for acting like jerkoffs to visitors.

BONUS ROUND

- You are a big-fight promoter - Talk up your team's mascot and how/why they could kick the living crap out of any opposing team's mascot - inspired by Oregon's mascot

Man, the Nittany Lion is jacked. He does one-arm push-ups and there's a rigorous try out to even be the mascot.

- Now you're an agent - Convince me that you have the top 2008 NFL Draft pick on your team

THE top NFL pick? I don't see anyone on our roster that fits that description. It is generally a quarterback (Morelli?!) or just a physical freak of a player. Dan Connor is an absolute beast. Smart and effective, good team player, takes direction well. Looks like he learned from his prank calling fiasco too. He'll make some defensive coordinator very happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda hoping for the Alamo bowl, San Antonio being much an easy drive for me. Been too long since I've been at a game in person...

Galen said...

If I was a betting man I would say Alamo bowl.