Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Penn State-Notre Dame depth chart released

Usually this isn’t big news but there are a couple things to note on this week’s depth chart. Jimmy Shaw is listed as a starter which means his ankle sprain must not be as bad as previously thought. As far as I’m concerned that’s great news for Penn State because Jim Shaw is the only defensive end that can get significant pressure on nearly every down. Secondly, as a matter of semantics, Tim Shaw erstwhile middle linebacker is now listed as a defensive end because Paterno said they weren’t going to use a 3-4 and by God they won’t be a 3-4 if he has anything to say about it. I highly doubt, though, that a 6-1 237 lb defensive end would be very effective, I’m guessing he will have a lot more duties then rushing the passer.


Tim Shaw: Defensive End

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim being ready ot go is the best news I've heard all week. I've been sweating that one since he went down.

I also see Snow at the 4th spot for fullback. I'm hoping they give someone else the start and put him in quickly, Hunt needs the blocking....

Galen said...

Good eye, I missed Snow. If he's allowed to travel with the team he will be playing, I think his absence was really felt Saturday.

Scrappled said...

He's playing. Happy days for all, unless you're the unfortunate clown ND converted to linebacker a few weeks ago.