1. We're approaching week 9 now, are you pleasantly surprised or already waiting for basketball season?
Pleasantly surprised so far, cautiously optimistic going forward.
2. Describe one specific play from this season you would alter for a different outcome if you had the chance to.
Easy, Sean Lee’s knee injury coming into the season.
3. How could it (#2) possibly impact the way your season is going?
Lee and Navorro Bowman would be a deadly tandem at linebacker and would turn one of our weaknesses into a strength. On that note, there’s always next year to look forward to.
4. Big Ten player you just can't stand, why?
Damnit, I don’t want to mess with karma this week. Let’s just say someone who’s spent a couple years playing with hype that far exceeds their talent.
5. Booing your own team (we've seen quite a lot of this across the Big Ten this season), your feelings on this.
I’m alright with it, especially if you watch a team continually commit the same mistakes without seemingly trying to correct the issue.
1. Number of beers or alcoholic drinks consumed by week 8 (or a good estimate)
I’ll defer to Galen, because his total will be far more impressive.
2. Most annoying commercial seen this season.
Ugh, I’m usually flipping to other games on commercials, but Penn State’s ad done by the university is the worst and I can’t figure out why since they can produce quality like the Penn State Football Story. When was the last time any Penn State ad was anything but utterly terrible and yet they run them for more than 5 years at a time.
Dear Penn State,
Either stop trying to act hip with your vacuous ads or go hire people that can do it right. I mean we have an affiliation with Nike, they consistently have amazing ads (see later in this question), maybe you should ask some advice or look into the same ad agency.
Simple is usually better, here's my favorite ad for any school ever run during football games.
For this year, the best ad I’ve seen during football is this work of art by David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, Zodiac) for Nike:
a bookend to last year’s equally excellent ad by Michael Mann (Heat, Collateral, The Insider) for Nike:
3. Your prediction for the next coaching change in the Big Ten (Joe Tiller exempt)
I work with several Wisconsin alums/fans and let’s just say if Bret Bielema survives into next season I would be very surprised.