Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Terrelle Pryor update because you’re the salivating dogs that you are

Kudos to Michigan Sports Center for jumping on this first (thank you Google reader gizmo) but Pryor has finally admitted that he was ready to sign with the Sweatervest.

Pryor admits he was set to sign with Ohio State the day before Feb. 6…

But thanks to a last second visit by the Penn State coaching staff the Lions won over his father:

…but a conversation with his father, Craig, made him think twice. His father wanted him to take another look at Penn State and take an official visit.

Pryor also answers the million dollar question:

"I'm really interested," he said. "This isn't just being respectful of my father, this is thinking things through and making sure I have all the info I need before I make a big decision. I really like Coach Bradley at Penn State and they could end up being the right fit for me, I'm not sure."

Message board loons start your overly optimistic prognostication engines! HE'S COMING TO PENN STATE!! WOOT!! HE'LL WIN FOUR HEISMANS AND THREE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!

Reality bites in the ass though because when asked if Michigan was out of it now that Penn State and OSU have been prominently on his mind, Pryor shrugs it off like a blitzing linebacker:

"No, I can't say that," he said. "I'm considering all four schools and I'm going to pick the place that's right for me. It could be any of them.

"I'm just waiting for things to slow down a bit so I can visit Penn State and figure things out from there."

I'd also like to give Terrelle a little advice in the future, for the love of God, don't listen to Mark May.

Pryor said the media attention has slowed down a great deal since Signing Day.

"That day was tough because I was being criticized by everyone for not making up my mind and signing," he said. "Mark May from ESPN is criticizing me on national television and he doesn't even know me."

Don't worry T.P. no one, and I mean NO ONE cares what Mark May thinks. Ok, maybe these guys.

2 comments:

Paterno Lives! said...

mmmmmm....pryor news.....

when does he have to decide by?

Nick said...

My understanding is the deadline is April 1st, unless he wants to deal with a ton of additional paperwork and potentially not be eligible in the fall.