Thursday, December 28, 2006

Outback Bowl Roundtable Part III

Today is national Roundtable day as Corn from a Jar has their final installment of the Outback Bowl Roundtable and we also have the weekly Blue & White Roundtable.

1) Up to now, we've all been pretty civil about our concerns around this game. Now that Christmas is behind us and it's actually game week, it's time to take the gloves off and talk some smack. Tell everybody why your offense is going to light up the scoreboard against those weak-ass defenders from Knoxville.


Spit take! I really shouldn’t read these while drinking my beer, I hate cleaning my monitor off. Really, I would love to talk smack about Penn State’s offense but every PSU fan reading it would think I’m a loon. I’m hoping the offensive line can do enough to open up some holes for Tony Hunt and Penn State can play ball control. Any Nittany fan that thinks this offense is going to light up Tennessee needs a gaggle of therapists observing their everyday behavior because they may be an endangerment to themselves and others.

2) On the other side of the ball, let everybody know how your defense is going to beat all manner of hell out of the Tennessee offense. Special teams smack is encouraged, too.

Now this side of the argument I can let loose. Tennessee will be facing a two-time Bednarik, one time Butkus winner and he wasn’t the best linebacker on the team this year. Poz, Connor, and Lee will be the best linebacking group the Vols have faced this year. Penn State isn’t lacking in the secondary either – Justin King can’t tackle a wet paper bag but he’s fast, and doesn’t make many coverage mistakes. Safety Anthony Scirrotto was all-Big Ten with 5 picks. If Tennessee moves the ball consistently on the Lions I will be shocked.

3) Ultimately, what we've been working towards here: a prediction. Score at least, but other specific visions of carnage are welcome, too. Loser buys the steak.

I thought Outback was buying the steaks! Corporate bastards. I think PSU will have to play ball control and rely on defense. Final score Nits 17 – Tennessee 14.

As always you can leave your thoughts in the comment section below.

No comments: