Saturday, July 15, 2006

Reedin’ ritin’ and rithmatic!

In case you were in a cave, with your eye’s closed, and your fingers in your ears the last couple days, Auburn has shown its ass to the NCAA. The original article can be found here. Abridged version: Professor Thomas Petee highest ranking member of the Sociology department was offering “independent study” courses that were filled with football players. Now most business professionals have come across an independent study course in their life, myself included, but the difference in Auburn is apparently, football players don’t have to do anything. I was skeptical at first but as I read on, it doesn’t look good. Defending the university… well let’s just say this pretty much does it for me:

Former Auburn running back Carnell (Cadillac) Williams comes to Professor Petee’s defense: “I didn’t do nothing illegal or anything like that...My work was good. It was definitely real work.”

Uh huh. Smart guy, apparently we are all WAY off on this. Now that the whistle is blown and Professor Petee’s career is plummeting out of control like an Iraqi Scud, I imagine fans will be able to get some pretty nice Auburn memorabilia cheep on EBay. And I imagine it will look a little something like this:












Thank you... I'll be here all night!!

No comments: