Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Blogpoll: Not Enough Hours In The Day

This week and last have been crazy hectic, so I'm simply just posting the actual Blogpoll/Mumme Poll. Explanation will be up tomorrow, needless to say I'm still not in a happy place with this yet. I said last week I would be taking a sledgehammer to this thing this week. Well, hold that thought one more week when things should be back to normal and resume the regular schedule. Enjoy the catastrophe. Corrections, suggestions and objections are always welcome.

Games Watched: Nebraska/Missouri, Eastern Illinois/Penn State, Wisconsin/Ohio State, Michigan/Iowa, Colorado/Texas, Florida/LSU and Georgia Tech/Florida State.

RankTeamDelta
1 Florida
2 Texas
3 Alabama
4 Iowa 1
5 Virginia Tech 1
6 Boise State 2
7 Oregon
8 Southern Cal 1
9 Ohio State 1
10 TCU 1
11 Cincinnati 1
12 Miami (Florida) 3
13 Georgia Tech 3
14 LSU 6
15 Kansas 2
16 Penn State 1
17 Nebraska
18 Auburn
19 Houston
20 Oklahoma 5
21 Oklahoma State 2
22 South Carolina 2
23 Missouri 9
24 Brigham Young 1
25 Wisconsin 3
Last week's ballot

Dropped Out: Mississippi (#21), Michigan (#24).

5 comments:

DonG said...

how do you justify USC being that high? Washington. Repeat Washington. If PSU loses to the orange instead of iowa would you still have them ranked? pretty much the same as losing to washington...

Galen said...

Not that I agree with USC being that high DonG, but to answer your question if Penn State had lost to Syracuse on a last second field goal and then beat an undefeated Iowa they most certainly would still be ranked. They were top ten when playing Syracuse would they have dropped OUT of the top 25 with a loss? No way and the Iowa win would boost them.

DonG said...

I don't think I agree. If PSU loses to Syracuse they fall to 18-20 minimum right? Then they beat Iowa...don't think they are any higher than they are right now. Remember the context of Iowa before the game, their rising star was because they beat PSU, not for anything before that. I just hate seeing USC sitting up there just because they are USC...your poll is certainly not the only one. Anyway, love the blog, been reading for a couple years.

Galen said...

DonG,

I agree with you Penn State would probably be right where they are now. Originally you asked "would you still have them ranked?" Which I took to mean that Penn State wouldn't be ranked at all if they lost to syracuse. Now I don't think PSU would be ranked in the top 10 if they had lost to syracuse. Perhaps I just read too much into it.

Nick said...

Hey Galen, thanks for the help. Did I mention how crazy hectic the last 2 weeks have been? Yeah USC lost to Washington, but they also beat Ohio State in Columbus. What would Penn State have to fall back on? Losing at home to Syracuse is far different than on the road at Washington. And if you haven't been watching, this is USC's modus operandi. Until they lose to someone else, there's little reason to deviate much. I will say my reexamination will probably significantly change the look of my Top 25.