Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Former Foes

TNL is proud to present Former Foes: keeping a watchful eye on past Penn State opponents.

It’s-only-Akron vs N.C. State
In a thrilling late second comeback of a back and forth game, It’s-only-Akron running back Dennis Kennedy pierced through the Wolfpack defense on the 1 yard line to give the Zips the 3 point win with no time left. Again the Zips defense was strong holding Chuck “I am the man” Amato’s offense to 81 yards rushing and 209 yards passing. With 5:18 to play Kennedy scored on a 1-yard run to cap a 96-yard drive to give Akron a 14-10 lead, but Wolfpack quarterback Marcus Stone completed an 11-yard touchdown pass to Jamelle Eugene with 1:07 remaining to give N.C. State the lead. Unfortunately for State they were penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct on the touchdown which moved the kickoff back and allowed Akron to return the ball to its own 33 setting up the late heroics. Akron’s defense held N.C. State scoreless until a 43 yard field goal with 1:35 left in the third quarter.

Editor's note: My deepest apologies for the "It's only Akron" bit to Run Up the Score, he did it first HERE. With my drunken hazy memory, I knew that sounded familiar when I wrote it down. We at The Nittany Line never want to pass anything off as our own when it's already been done by someone else. Sorry Run, we'll force ourselves to listen to Michael Bolton's greatest hits in it's entirety as penance.

8 comments:

Scrappled said...

HEY!

Do I get royalties for the Akron bit? Bastards!

Galen said...

Sorry Run, hopefully, I've rectified that: I've given you your props. I thought I heard that before, but couldn't remember where. Sorry.

Scrappled said...

No, no! God knows I probably stole it from somebody else!

Galen said...

The non-binding intellectual property agreement is in the mail, Run. For use of the “It’s only Akron” line we will pay you in imagination money which is like real money only not worth anything.

Scrappled said...

Can't I get something of some value, like arcade tokens, or Burger King coupons, or something for a 50% off car wash? I thought people were supposed to get rich on the internet. This is a total rip-off.

Galen said...

Imagination Money can be redeemed for 1000 hours of AOL or 100,000 shares of The Nittany Line internet stock.

Anonymous said...

Homer: What are Krusty bucks?
Ticket window lady: They're like regular money but fun.
Homer: Ok, I'll take $1,000 dollars worth.
Homer walks into Krustyland where all the shops sport signs saying, "Krusty bucks not accepted".
Homer: Doh!
BillyBob: LMAO

Scrappled said...

I heartily endorse this event or product.